Calligram

The Calligram assignment was very cool. We had to recreate an image of ourselves, using words from a letter our future selves wrote to our current selves. The entire idea is super fun. Anyways, this was the first assignment we really got to be creative with. I wanted mine to look very realistic. Initially, I had many places where I was going to put the letters, however the process is very time consuming. I decided to put the letters in a larger space. I completely dis formed the letters, so that they were unrecognizable. The idea of distortion worked in my favor, I think it looks relatively real (especially my eyes). I chose a blue background because it is my favorite color. The reason I made my hair readable is because I wanted to show that the colors used were still words, even though they don't look like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorization

Cut and paste